Clinical Trial Protocol Registry
A Study of Combination Treatment With an HCV Polymerase Inhibitor (RO5024048) and an HCV Protease Inhibitor (RO5190591/danoprevir) in Genotype 1 Chronic Hepatitis C Patients
- Protocol number:
- Hoffmann-La Roche
- Company division:
- Official Scientific Title:
- A randomized, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging study to evaluate the safety, tolerability and antiviral activity of combination treatment with an HCV polymerase inhibitor (RO5024048) and an HCV protease inhibitor (RO5190591) in genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C patients. INFORM 1
- Brief summary:
- This 7 cohort study will evaluate the efficacy and safety of combination treatment with an HCV nucleoside polymerase inhibitor(RO5024048)and an HCV protease inhibitor(RO5190591/ITMN-191/danoprevir) in patients with chronic hepatitis C, genotype 1.Cohorts A,B,C,D and G will be treatment-naive patients, cohort E will be treatment-experienced excluding null responders, and cohort F will be null responders. Cohorts A and B will evaluate doses of 500mg po bid RO5024048 and 100mg po q8h RO5190591, alone or in combination, for up to 7 or 14 days. Cohort C will evaluate combination treatment with either 1000mg po bid RO5024048 and 100mg q8h RO5190591 or 500mg po bid RO5024048 and 200mg q8h RO5190591 for 14 days. Cohort D will evaluate 1000mg po bid RO5024048 and 200mg q8h RO5190591 for 14 days.Cohort E will evaluate 1000mg RO5024048/600mg RO5190591 po twice daily for 14 days, and Cohorts F and G will evaluate 1000mg RO5024048/900mg RO5190591 po twice daily for 14 days. Cohorts will be tested sequentially or in parallel, if supported by appropriate safety and pharmacokinetic data.Following the last dose of study medication patients have the option of continuing treatment with Standard of care therapies. The anticipated time on study treatment is <3 months, and the target sample size is <100 individuals. Target sample size is 88.
- Study phase:
- Study type:
- Interventional; Treatment; Randomized; Double Blind; Active; Parallel; Safety/efficacy study
- Hepatitis C, Chronic
- Primary outcome:
- HCV RNA Time frame: At each clinic visit, throughout study
- Adverse events, laboratory parameters, vital signs Time frame: At each clinic visit, throughout study
- Key secondary outcomes:
- PK parameters;viral resistance Time frame: At intervals, throughout study
- Inclusion criteria:
- adult patients, 18-65 years of age;
- chronic hepatitis C, genotype 1.
- Exclusion criteria:
- decompensated liver disease, or impaired liver function;
- presence or history of non-hepatitis C chronic liver disease;
- HBsAg or HIV infection;
- history of cancer within 5 years, other than localized or in situ cancer of the skin.
- Males or Females
- Age limits:
- Min: 18 years Max: 65 years
- Accepts healthy volunteers:
- Anticipated start date:
- November, 2008
- Trial registration date:
- Date last updated:
For more information on a specific Roche trials in your country location, please contact your local Roche affiliate nearest you.
- Go on the URL link- http://www.roche.com and click on the Roche Worldwide tab on the top of the page to locate the country nearest you for contact information.
Treatment decisions and/or suitability for a specific trial are decisions only your healthcare provider can make. If you are patient interested in any of the global studies, please have your healthcare provider contact us and they will be provided with the relevant clinical trial information.
For US or global trials with US sites only, please contact the Trial Information Support Line (TISL)
- 1-888-662-6728 Monday to Friday (6am to 3pm PST)