Clinical Trial Protocol Registry
Effect of NT-proBNP guided treatment of Chronic Heart Failure (PRIMA Study).
- No longer recruiting
- Protocol number:
- 2003 B131
- Company division:
- Official Scientific Title:
- Can pro-brain natriuretic peptide guided therapy of chronic heart failure improve heart failure morbidity and mortality?
- Brief summary:
- This study will determine whether NT-proBNP guided treatment of chronic congestive heart failure to an individually pre-defined target value will reduce heart failure-related morbidity and mortality compared to therapy guided by standard clinical judgement.
- Study type:
- Interventional; Randomized; Open Label; Parallel study
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Intervention type:
- Diagnostic Test
- Intervention name:
- Inclusion criteria:
- adult patients, ≥18 years of age;
- hospital admission for congestive heart failure;
- elevated NT-proBNP levels on admission.
- Exclusion criteria:
- life-threatening cardiac arrhythmias;
- severe lung disease;
- patients undergoing hemodialysis or CAPD;
- urgent intervention;
- presence of life-threatening disease.
- Males or Females
- Age limits:
- Min: 18Years Max: N/A (No limit)
- Accepts healthy volunteers:
- Anticipated start date:
- May, 2004
- Trial registration date:
- Date last updated:
For more information on a specific Roche trials in your country location, please contact your local Roche affiliate nearest you.
- Go on the URL link- http://www.roche.com and click on the Roche Worldwide tab on the top of the page to locate the country nearest you for contact information.
Treatment decisions and/or suitability for a specific trial are decisions only your healthcare provider can make. If you are patient interested in any of the global studies, please have your healthcare provider contact us and they will be provided with the relevant clinical trial information.
For US or global trials with US sites only, please contact the Trial Information Support Line (TISL)
- 1-888-662-6728 Monday to Friday (6am to 3pm PST)